Custom Search

News

Friday, August 22, 2008

Senator Obama described his half-brother as a "beautiful boy with a rounded head".

Vanity Fair article 8/22/08
George Obama, 26, is the youngest of the presidential candidate's seven half-brothers and half-sisters. He said he was embarrassed that he lived "on less than a dollar a month" and never mentioned his world-famous half-brother. "If anyone says something about my surname, I say we are not related. I am ashamed. "I live like a recluse. No one knows I exist." George Obama said he had met his presidential candidate half-brother only twice, once when he was five years old and then in 2006 when Senator Obama was touring Africa.
In his autobiography, Senator Obama described his half-brother as a "beautiful boy with a rounded head"."I took comfort in the fact that perhaps one day, when he was older, George might want to know who his father had been and who his brothers and sisters were. And if he ever came to me, I would be there for him, to tell him the story I knew," he wrote.
George Obama had been homeless for 10 years, and his home now in Huruma was a "tough place". "I've seen two of my friends killed," he said. "I have scars from defending myself with my fists. I am good with my fists."
In his autobiography, Senator Obama said he was a young adult when he learned of George from his half-sister Auma.
His campaign did not comment on the Vanity Fair article.
What happen to Obama's compassion for the homeless not much interest in helping out family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm at the point that ANYONE would be fine; just so as to get this circus over with!!! It shouldn't take 2 yeears to elect a President!! More so as most of the candidates should be working in their other, mostly Congressional, posts!!! Joe B.